In this article, we’ll integrate a Salesforce data source with Y42.
The Salesforce Platform connects the entire customer journey across Sales, Service, Marketing, Commerce, and every touchpoint. This integration uses Salesforce's API that provides a powerful, convenient, and simple Web services API for interacting with Lightning Platform.
By default, the historical date will be set to one year ago. Refer to your own data source to decide from which exact date you would want to retrieve data.
Note: To use our Salesforce integration, your Salesforce account must have API access enabled. We also highly recommend Bulk API access for faster integration connection.
You can find a list of tables supported in the API with a brief description fo each on the Salesforce API documentation.
Updating your data
For this source you can schedule full imports. Every time the source updates it will fully sync all your data. You have the option of scheduling updates by the month, weeks, days, and even by the hour.
Salesforce Setup Guide:
- On Integrate, click on "Add..." to search for Salesforce and select it.
- Name your integration.
- Verify your domain type (Sandbox or not) and click Authorize to log into your account.
- After authentication, you are good to go and start importing your tables.
- Choose from which point onwards in time to import your data.
- Select the tables you need and click import. You can start accessing the tables once the status is “Ready”.
Note: You can always import and reimport other tables as well, or delete them.