In this article, we’ll integrate a Chargebee data source with Y42.
Chargebee lets you manage subscriptions at scale, handle custom recurring billing scenarios, reduce subscription churn and simplify accounting.
You can find the list of available reports and the available dimensions and metrics for each report on Chargebee API documentation (on the left hand side).
Authentication: App Credentials
Settings: Historical Date selection
Schema type: Fixed
Update Type: Incremental
Application credentials are strongly generated username:password combinations and have a one-to-one binding with a membership in the consortia. They are strictly isolated to the environment in which they are created and can only be used to access a node/service owned by the same membership that created the credentials.
By default, the historical date will be set to one year ago. Refer to your own data source to decide from which exact date you would want to retrieve data.
You can find the full list of available reports and their columns/dimensions/metrics you are able to import to your Y42 instance on Chargebee API documentation.
Updating your data
You have the option of scheduling Full imports or Incremental Imports by the month, weeks, days, and even by the hour. With the incremental import you will only add the new rows to that table, while a full import will actually re-import the entire table completely.
Incremental imports significantly increase the import speed, we import your table incrementally based on the last imported state e.g. id - If the table does not have a state, a full import will be triggered - This is done automatically.
We recommend therefore to schedule an incremental import regularly, but also schedule a full import with a certain frequency -- this is because only the full import will guarantee that old rows that have been updated on the data source will also get updated on your Y42 integration destination.
By default, the historical date will be set to one year ago. Refer to your own store to decide from which exact date you would want to retrieve data. Please note that the initial import of historical order data can only include 1 year. Therefore, please trigger another incremental import after the initial import to get all order data.
Chargebee Setup Guide
Note: In order to connect Chargebee with Y42, you will need to have a Chargebee Account.
- Sign into your Chargebee account.
- On the left side, click Settings > Configure Chargebee.
- Click the API keys and webhooks button.
- On the API Keys page, click the + Add API Key button. The Create an API Key modal will display.
- Select Read-Only Key as the API key type.
- Select All to define the API key’s access. This will grant read-only access to your Chargebee site.
- In the Name the API key field, enter
- Click Create Key.
- On Integrate, click on "Add..." to search for Chargebee and select it.
- Name your integration.
- Click Authorize and log into your Chargebee account.
- After authentication, you are good to go and start importing your tables.
- Choose from which point onwards in time to import your data.
- Add in your Chargebee Account and press Select.
- Select the tables you need and click import. You can start accessing the tables once the status is “Ready”.
Note: You can always import and re-import other tables as well, or delete them.