Amazon Advertising Integration
In this article, we’ll integrate an Amazon Advertising data source with Y42.
Amazon Advertising API provides a way to automate, scale, and optimize advertising.
Schema type: Fixed
Update Type: Full import and incremental
OAuth doesn’t share password data but instead uses authorization tokens to prove an identity between you and the service provider. OAuth is an authentication protocol that allows you to approve one application interacting with another on your behalf without giving away your password. For instance, when you tell Facebook that it’s OK for another application or website to access your profile. To sum up, you only need to have an existing account to authorize the access.
This integration has no import settings.
Note: The report tables have only data available from the last 60 days.
You can find a list of common reporting metrics available and their entities on the Amazon Advertising API documentation.
Updating your data
You have the option of scheduling Full imports or Incremental Imports by the month, weeks, days, and even by the hour. With the incremental import, you will only add the new rows to that table, while a full import will actually re-import the entire table completely.
Incremental imports significantly increase the import speed, we import your table incrementally based on the last imported state e.g. id - If the table does not have a state, a full import will be triggered - This is done automatically.
We recommend therefore to schedule an incremental import regularly, but also schedule a full import with a certain frequency -- this is because only the full import will guarantee that old rows that have been updated on the data source will also get updated on your Y42 integration destination.
Limitations posed by Amazon Advertising API:
- Reporting data is only available up to 60 days back from the current date.
- Initial impression and click data from sponsored ads campaigns is available within 12 hours.
- Conversion data is refreshed and validated at daily, weekly, and monthly intervals, and is subject to change for up to 60 days back from the current date.
Amazon Advertising Setup Guide
Note: In order to connect Amazon Advertising with Y42, you will need to have an Amazon Advertising Account.
- On Integrate, click on "Add..." to search for Amazon Advertising and select it.
- Name your integration.
- Click Authorize and log into your Amazon Advertising account.
- After authentication, you are good to go and start importing your tables.
- Select the tables you need and click import. You can start accessing the tables once the status is “Ready”.
Note: You can always import and re import other tables as well, or delete them.