In this article, we’ll integrate a Twitter Ads data source with Y42.
On our platform you can configure your Twitter Ads integration to query all of your Twitter Ads accounts and combine them into a single table per report. It is also possible to load data from different Twitter Ads accounts by selecting the desired accounts and reports you would like to import into y42.
You can find the list of available reports and the available columns, dimension, and metrics for each report on Twitter Ads API documentation.
Settings: Historical Date selection, Account selection
Schema type: Fixed
Update Type: Full import and incremental
OAuth doesn’t share password data but instead uses authorization tokens to prove an identity between you and the service provider. OAuth is an authentication protocol that allows you to approve one application interacting with another on your behalf without giving away your password. For instance, when you tell Facebook that it’s OK for another application or website to access your profile. To sum up, you only need to have an existing account to authorize the access.
By default the historical date will be set to one year ago. Refer to your own datasource to decide from which exact date you would want to retrieve data.
You can find the full list of available reports and their columns/dimensions/metrics you are able to import to your y42 instance on Twitter Ads API.
Updating your data
You have the option of scheduling Full imports or Incremental Imports by the month, weeks, days, and even by the hour. With the incremental import you will only add the new rows to that table, while a full import will actually re-import the entire table completely.
Incremental imports significantly increase the import speed, we import your table incrementally based on the last imported state e.g. id - If the table does not have a state, a full import will be triggered - This is done automatically.
We recommend therefore to schedule an incremental import regularly, but also schedule a full import with a certain frequency -- this is because only the full import will guarantee that old rows that have been updated on the data source will also get updated on your y42 integration destination.
Twitter Ads Setup Guide
Note: In order to connect Twitter Ads with Y42, you will need to have a Twitter Account.
- Login to your Twitter Ads account.
- Select the ads account that you’d like to use.
- Click your account icon upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings in the dropdown menu.
- Copy your account ID and keep it readily available for the next step.
- On y42 Integrate, click on "Add..." to search for Twitter Ads and select it.
- Name your integration.
- Paste your account ID, click Authorize and log into your Twitter account.
- After authentication, you are good to go and start importing your tables.
- Choose from which point onwards in time to import your data.
- Select the tables you need and click import. You can start accessing the tables once the status is “Ready”.
Note: You can always import and re import other tables as well, or delete them.