In this article, we’ll integrate a Recharge data source with Y42.
By default, the historical date will be set to one year ago. Refer to your own data source to decide from which exact date you would want to retrieve data.
You can find a list of available API endpoints and their entities for this integration on Recharge API documentation.
Updating your data
You have the option of scheduling Full imports or Incremental Imports by the month, weeks, days, and even by the hour. With the incremental import you will only add the new rows to that table, while a full import will actually re-import the entire table completely.
Incremental imports significantly increase the import speed, we import your table incrementally based on the last imported state e.g. id - If the table does not have a state, a full import will be triggered - This is done automatically.
We recommend therefore to schedule an incremental import regularly, but also schedule a full import with a certain frequency -- this is because only the full import will guarantee that old rows that have been updated on the data source will also get updated on your Y42 integration destination.
Recharge Setup Guide:
- Access to the API will need to be given by a member of the ReCharge team. Please reach out to them to enable this for you.
- Once this has been enabled for your store, navigate to Integrations in the top navigation bar and click on API tokens on the right-hand corner of the dashboard.
- On Integrate, click on "Add..." to search for Recharge and select it.
- Name your integration.
- Sign in with your Recharge API key, your User Model Agent Email and select the historical date.
- Once you have connected your Recharge account, you can start importing your tables.
- Select the tables you need and click import. You can access the tables once the status is “Ready”.
Note: You can always import and reimport other tables as well, or delete them.